cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

How to compute cubic roots using polyroots for continuous values

vveeran
4-Participant

How to compute cubic roots using polyroots for continuous values

Dear all,

Previously, I attached this file but I couldn't explained clearly in the worksheet.

Now, I updated the worksheet and explained clearly 'what to do? '.

I want to compute cubic roots using polyroots for continuous values (-84.948....20.136) for my example program

and also I need to plot real and imaginary values of polyroots.

I explained everything clearly in my worksheet which I attached below.

could someone help me in this.

Thanks.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Werner_E
25-Diamond I
(To:vveeran)

Maybe the attached file helps.

You have to turn the calculations into function depending on Vm (you doen't need "coeff" as you provide the coefficients yourself.

You should use a range variable only for plotting. To calculate a couple of values you shoul use a vector of Vm-values.

Not sure, but you may have to find a solution to cope with Mathcads habit of changing the order of the three roots depending on the real part (at least thats what I think it does) if thats not what you need and want.

Regards

Werner

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Werner_E
25-Diamond I
(To:vveeran)

Maybe the attached file helps.

You have to turn the calculations into function depending on Vm (you doen't need "coeff" as you provide the coefficients yourself.

You should use a range variable only for plotting. To calculate a couple of values you shoul use a vector of Vm-values.

Not sure, but you may have to find a solution to cope with Mathcads habit of changing the order of the three roots depending on the real part (at least thats what I think it does) if thats not what you need and want.

Regards

Werner

vveeran
4-Participant
(To:Werner_E)

Dear Werner,

Thank you for your  valuable comments.

It helped me a lot.

Announcements

Top Tags