cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

How to display a variable defined further down?

YRoberge
2-Guest

How to display a variable defined further down?

I want the very first page of my worksheet to provide a summary of calculation results. The result in question is reached at the worksheet, so I need to display variables defined further down.

Is there any way to bypass the positioning constraint in Mathcad Prime 4.0?

Using global variables is a way to do it, however some variables in the worksheet change several times and therefore need to be local

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

There is no way to bypass the way Prime reads the regions.

If you use a global assignment you would have to use global assignments throughout for nearky all other definitions, too, which often is not practicable.

I can think of two alternatives:

1) Put on top of the sheet your input variables. Then put the whole claculation in an area which can be collapsed and below that the result. If you collapse that area you will see just the inputs and the results

2) Similar to 1) but using a second file. One Mathcad sheet which is doing all calculation and one sheet for summary which references the calculation sheet.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:YRoberge)

Put your calculations in a collapsed area above the display position then.

Success!
Luc

There is no way to bypass the way Prime reads the regions.

If you use a global assignment you would have to use global assignments throughout for nearky all other definitions, too, which often is not practicable.

I can think of two alternatives:

1) Put on top of the sheet your input variables. Then put the whole claculation in an area which can be collapsed and below that the result. If you collapse that area you will see just the inputs and the results

2) Similar to 1) but using a second file. One Mathcad sheet which is doing all calculation and one sheet for summary which references the calculation sheet.

I changed my input variable definitions to global definitions, leaving them in their normal spot for formatting reasons, then copy-pasted the entire document into the collapsed area at the top. I then had to change the global definitions in that area the simple equal signs reading the variable.

This worked very well. The only downside with this is that your input variables can no longer be redefined in your calculations, you will have to create new variables with different names.

Thanks!

Top Tags