cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

How to export data after plotting

Huy_Nguyen
4-Participant

How to export data after plotting

Hi. I am trying to export data to redraw Figures in Excel or Origin Pro after getting a suitable result from the plot, but it is really difficult for me. Can you give me some advice? Thank you so much.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Save the relevant values to Excel

Prime cannot export "ranges" to Excel you will get an error

Excel knows nothing about units so exporting units to Excel will get an error.

Error one is an easy fix. Use an undocumented trick.  If you inline equals after creating a range Prime will turn it into a vector.

For instance in the enclosed screenshot rangeM1 is changed to a column vector

Capture.JPG

In the WRITEEXCEL statement simply divide by the units to get values without units exported to excel

Capture2.JPG

The above writes into file a.xlsx the now column vector "rangeM1" into sheet 1 column B starting at row 1

You simply need to do this for all the ranges in your sheet saving them to a different column in Excel

Cheers

Terry

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

Save the relevant values to Excel

Prime cannot export "ranges" to Excel you will get an error

Excel knows nothing about units so exporting units to Excel will get an error.

Error one is an easy fix. Use an undocumented trick.  If you inline equals after creating a range Prime will turn it into a vector.

For instance in the enclosed screenshot rangeM1 is changed to a column vector

Capture.JPG

In the WRITEEXCEL statement simply divide by the units to get values without units exported to excel

Capture2.JPG

The above writes into file a.xlsx the now column vector "rangeM1" into sheet 1 column B starting at row 1

You simply need to do this for all the ranges in your sheet saving them to a different column in Excel

Cheers

Terry

Hi,

To aid understanding of the Excel sheet headings can be added in row one and data started in row two of the excel worksheet

Capture3.JPG

Thank you so much. It is a good solution for my problem.

Top Tags