cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

How to get a solution vector

CS_11
3-Visitor

How to get a solution vector

I need to find a vector v=(v_1, v_2,...) such that F(v_i) - p_i = 0 using the root function. Is there a simple way to do this? Thanks.

root.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:CS_11)

Its boring having to type what you show again so you always should attach your worksheet in future questions.

You can't use the root function by providing a range of v-values because you would have to assure that the function value at both ends have opposite signs. This would mean that at least on of those ends must be different for different values of p.

You may use a solve block (turned into a function) or the root command, but with a guess value:

Werner_E_0-1601678671353.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:CS_11)

Its boring having to type what you show again so you always should attach your worksheet in future questions.

You can't use the root function by providing a range of v-values because you would have to assure that the function value at both ends have opposite signs. This would mean that at least on of those ends must be different for different values of p.

You may use a solve block (turned into a function) or the root command, but with a guess value:

Werner_E_0-1601678671353.png

Here's the variant using a solve block:

Werner_E_0-1601679559254.png

Top Tags