cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

How to handle error messages while opening Mathcad

nileshwankhade
1-Newbie

How to handle error messages while opening Mathcad

Hi All,
I am novice to Mathcad, and working on accessing the Mathcad variable through script.
I am facing some problems. Any help in this regards will be highly appreciated.

How to handle error messages while opening Mathcad?
If worksheet contains the scriptable objects, A warning message pops up while opening the Mathcad application.
My script fails while opening the Mathcad application for such scenario.

Regards,
Nilesh
7 REPLIES 7

Please read the qs examples. Keep visiting this collab for a while and download the work sheets. Help yourself first.

jmG

Thanks for the prompt reply jmG.
I have gone through the QS.
I also tried to modify on of the example given in QS
<<..\qsheet\samples\vbasic\beamdef\Form1.vb>>

Instead of default path given in the example, i have given the path of the Mathcad file which uses scriptable objects.
<<..\qsheet\samples\scripted\FreqResp.xmcd>>

Mathcad does not open via script.
Although error messages got collected but the purpose is not saved.

If i open the file manually in Mathcad. I get the Pop up saying,
"The worksheet contains scriptable objects, which may execute viruses or other harmful code.
Would you like to disable evaluation of this object?"
(Please find the attached screenshot)

And i get 2 options "Yes" and "No"

In either case, i am able to open the worksheet.

I want to perform same using Script.

I want to open the workbook containing the scriptable objects using scripts/JaCoB.

Please suggest,

Regards,
Nilesh

Hello Nilesh,

it seems to me as if your security settings are too high.
You may, although I don't recommend this , lower your windows security settings to low. This should free you of these notifications.
Is it Vista your PC is running?

Raiko
PhilipOakley
5-Regular Member
(To:Raiko)

For handbooks (.hbk files) there is a nowarnings option.

Philip Oakley

Your only option is to go to "tools", settings", and change the script security (Low will certainly work, I think High will also work). You can't disable this from within a script, because that would defeat the point in having the security settings.

Richard

Thanks Richard,
Problem is solved by changing the script security.

"tools>Preferences>Script Security" changed script security (changed to "Low")

Thanks again.

Regards,
Nilesh

ACtually, allowing the disabling of the warning from within a script would not break any security. The purpose of the check is to prevent the execution of dangerous scripts, but to turn off the check from within a script implies that the script is already running. In such a case any malicious code could just be in the already running script and such a script would not need to activate some other script.

What does seriously breach the security is e-books. Those can have the script warning disabled as a setting within the book itself. distributor of malicious scripts need merely package the sheet(s) in the form of a handbook to avoid that security feature. Caveat emptor. Don't run handbooks that you don't fully trust.