cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

How to input an equation into a vector in MathCad?

IJ_11844237
1-Newbie

How to input an equation into a vector in MathCad?

Hey,
I want to solve the system in the first file symbolically, so that it leaves p in the answer as a parameter (the phi1(p), phi2(p), etc are unimportant and can be renamed x,y, z). I'm not quite sure how to do that; I googled around a bit and the closest solution I found was in the "Symbolic solving" section of this link: https://www.mathcad.com/en/blogs/solving-systems-equations-mathcad

I included the picture from that section which explains well what I need to do - basically, create a vector of equations.

I tried to implement this, but I can't figure out how to actually type an equation into a vector. Whenever I try to type an = or := sign, it takes me out of the vector. I tried copy-pasting, too, to no avail. Any ideas on how to do this? Thanks)

2 REPLIES 2
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:IJ_11844237)

= is an evaluation operator

:= is a definition operator

You probably need the 'equals'. operator. That is a bold =. You get it by typing [Ctl =].

Success!

Luc

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:IJ_11844237)

Here is one way to solve it.

LucMeekes_1-1725470491901.png

Note that I've used only integers, to prevent symbolic results with floating point results with superfluous digits. It also has the advantage of getting an exact result (since floating point numbers often aren't exact...).

You can assign the result to a function and extract the separate functions from it:

LucMeekes_2-1725470748941.png

Success!
Luc

Announcements

Top Tags