cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

How to install mathcad express on windos 7??

ptc-4899669
1-Newbie

How to install mathcad express on windos 7??

Can somebody guide me how to install mathcad express on windows 7??

I downloaded setup file from ptc.com, but when I run the setup file...nothing happens.

Please help.

13 REPLIES 13

So you were able to download the pim_installmgr_mathcad.exe file? One thing to try is to right-click and 'Run as administrator.'

I tried "Run as administrator"...but nothing happens...

VladimirN. schrieb:

Hi Dharmeh,

Try to use this link: http://www.ptc.com/appserver/auth/it/esd/product.jsp?prodFamily=MCD

What do you mean by that? That link is the dowload site for registered users with maintainance. As the poster wishes to install the Express version I guess he has not bought anything from PTC yet and as he wrote he already had downloaded the free Prime trial. I can't see that this link could help.

Edited: Just tested - you do not need maintainance to be able to laod that site, but at least you need a valid product code.

Werner,

I noticed that int Dharmeh profile specified (Maintenance: PtcCsMaintVerified), so that means he can download from this link Mathcad Prime 2.0, install it without a license file, and then run in Express mode.

VladimirN. schrieb:

Werner,

I noticed that int Dharmeh profile specified (Maintenance: PtcCsMaintVerified), so that means he can download from this link Mathcad Prime 2.0, install it without a license file, and then run in Express mode.

Sorry, I didn't checked his profile. Would he be able to download Prime2 even if he only has maintainance for Mathcad 14/15? And if he has maintainance for Prime, why should he want to install Express?

Werner,

You ask too many questions .

VladimirN. schrieb:

Werner,

You ask too many questions .

So we wait for Virgil to react and maybe he has found a solution in the meantime.

Werner Exinger wrote:

... And if he has maintainance for Prime, why should he want to install Express? ...

Maybe he wants to install it on a home PC.

Vlad and Werner,

Thanks for helping me out here...

We don't have license or maintenance for Prime...

I just want to tryout mathcad in one of our workstation and check its capabilities...

On PTC website, its mentioned that express is free that's why I just want to try out in one of our workstation.

I downloaded "pim_installmgr_mathcad.exe" from free downloads by filling out form...and tried installation....but nothing happens...

One thing I checked though, that you require Microsoft .NET framework 4.0 for Prime 2.0...and Microsoft .NET framework 3.5.1 is installed on my workstation...that might be the problem during installation...

your thoughts??

I downloaded "pim_installmgr_mathcad.exe" from free downloads by filling out form...and tried installation....but nothing happens...

One thing I checked though, that you require Microsoft .NET framework 4.0 for Prime 2.0...and Microsoft .NET framework 3.5.1 is installed on my workstation...that might be the problem during installation...

your thoughts??

As far as I understood there should be no difference in installation file between the full fledged Prime and the Express edition. After the eval period Prime i sreduced to Express if no valid license file is provided.

Yes, Prime need .NET 4.0 and will not work without. Platform support and sys requirements are here http://www.ptc.com/WCMS/files/137522/en/mathcad_prime_2_0_platform_support.pdf

Get .NET4 at http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=19662

While that could be the cause for the malfuction I would have expected that the installation routine would throw an appropriate error message if the required .NET version is not present. But in any case, if you want to work with Prime/Express you have to install .Net4 beforehand. So I would install it and try installation of prime again. BTW the different versions of .NET do not replace each other but are installed side by side.

Dharmeh,

Try to use this links:

Mathcad Prime 2.0 32-bit.

Mathcad Prime 2.0 64-bit.

Also, for help with installation, use the first option on this page:

http://www.ptc.com/support/mathcad_supportCenter.htm

Top Tags