cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

How to update creo inputs to mathcad embedded worksheet automatically?

ppandarkar-2
15-Moonstone

How to update creo inputs to mathcad embedded worksheet automatically?

Hi,

We have created one CAD model in Creo parametric 3.0 and embedded one mathcad worksheet (mathcad prime 3.1). in this we have some inputs from creo to mathcad and some outputs from mathcad to creo.

So once we update input in creo parametric 3.0 we need to open mathcad file and click on Update input and then click on save and push. We want this process should be done automatically after regeneration of model.

So please can i let know, how we can update input parameter to mathcad and output from mathcad to creo automatically. (No need to open embedded worksheet, click on update input, click on save and push, close worksheet).

- Prashant Pandarkar

4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

please open Case at PTC Support and send them your question. They will tell you whether requested functionality is implemented. I think that you have bad luck ...

Martin Hanák

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

We will register case to PTC, but want to know is there any other method/way or thourgh any cutomization. I tried with macro/mapkey but it got stuck after launching embedded sheet. So want another way to do this.

- Prashant Pandarkar

Hi,

I guess AutoIt enables you to create requested "macro".

Martin Hanák

If you have the BMX module in Creo Parametric, you can create a Prime Analysis feature that can update every time the model is regenerated.

Now be aware there are some considerations regarding where the feature is placed in the Model Tree to avoid the need for two regenerations to update the model completely.

But with OOTB functionality, the Mathcad worksheet must be re-calculated manually.

Dave Martin - dmartin@creowindchill.com - https://www.mcaeconsulting.com
Top Tags