cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

I am trying to use splin2 and need Mathcad Classic add-in

johnwmreed
4-Participant

I am trying to use splin2 and need Mathcad Classic add-in

I am using Mathcad 14 and have Mathcad work sheets from many years ago in which I used the function splin2, but it does not work now (error).  Bard AI search says the function has been "deprecated" in Mathcad 14, but the "the Mathcad Classic add-in" can add the splin2 function back into my Mathcad 14 program. 

Can you help me find the Mathcad Classic add-in?                                                                                                      

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:johnwmreed)

Bard AI has made a good guess, but there never was a "Mathcad Classic add-in".

With Mathcad 11 through 14 you could buy a function pack, called Data Analysis Extension Pack, which contained a function Spline2 (NOT splin2):

<function>
<name>Spline2</name>
<local_name>Spline2</local_name>
<params>vx, vy, n, [vw], [u], [level]</params>
<category>Data Analysis</category>
<description>Returns the optimal set of order-n B-spline knots to interpolate on data vx and vy, with optional weights vw, optional desired knots u, and an optional reject level. Output is used with Binterp.</description>
<help_topic>Interpolation.htm#Spline2</help_topic>
</function>

That same extension pack, containing the same function, is also integrated with Mathcad 15, so it wasn't deprecated in the mean time.

The downside is that the Extension Pack was an extra that you had to buy. Low chance that you will find it for free...

You might take a look at the function cspline or bspline for a replacement.

Note that the function Spline2 is also built-in into Prime.....

Success!

Luc

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:johnwmreed)

Bard AI has made a good guess, but there never was a "Mathcad Classic add-in".

With Mathcad 11 through 14 you could buy a function pack, called Data Analysis Extension Pack, which contained a function Spline2 (NOT splin2):

<function>
<name>Spline2</name>
<local_name>Spline2</local_name>
<params>vx, vy, n, [vw], [u], [level]</params>
<category>Data Analysis</category>
<description>Returns the optimal set of order-n B-spline knots to interpolate on data vx and vy, with optional weights vw, optional desired knots u, and an optional reject level. Output is used with Binterp.</description>
<help_topic>Interpolation.htm#Spline2</help_topic>
</function>

That same extension pack, containing the same function, is also integrated with Mathcad 15, so it wasn't deprecated in the mean time.

The downside is that the Extension Pack was an extra that you had to buy. Low chance that you will find it for free...

You might take a look at the function cspline or bspline for a replacement.

Note that the function Spline2 is also built-in into Prime.....

Success!

Luc

johnwmreed
4-Participant
(To:LucMeekes)

If it was a snake it would have bit me!

I have the Data Analysis Extension Pack.  

I will fool around with it and see if I can get things to work.

Thank you LucMeekes for the help.  

I haven't run Mathcad in 10 years.  It will be fun to see if this works!

Thanks again!

Top Tags