cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

I can`t plot an ellipse in Mathcad

ptc-3682623
12-Amethyst

I can`t plot an ellipse in Mathcad

Like in theme. I can`t plot an ellipse in Mathcad.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

For whatever its worth - here is a parametric representation of your ellipse which makes plotting nicer an easier:

Werner_E_0-1588510327242.png

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Hi,

You need to put x as a parameter of y to get a plot.

Capture.JPG

Here are some thoughts on the problem.
Its not clear to me for which value of k you tried to plot the ellipse. k=0.1? But then what about the "2"?

Werner_E_0-1588506820610.png

MC15 worksheet attached

For whatever its worth - here is a parametric representation of your ellipse which makes plotting nicer an easier:

Werner_E_0-1588510327242.png

Thanks:) I have one more, more complicated issue. Please help me because this is my problem of plasticity. The last solution is a general attempt to understand the problem of the ellipse in mathcad.

ptc-3682623_1-1588517738979.png

-MFra-
21-Topaz II
(To:ptc-3682623)

Hi,

it is a conic and could be an ellipse, I show you the procedure to obtain the reduced form of the equation:

answer to ptc-3682623.jpg

ptc-3682623
12-Amethyst
(To:-MFra-)

Hi, thanks for this:) Could you plot it?How?

-MFra-
21-Topaz II
(To:ptc-3682623)

Given any conic, operating on it a rotation and a translation, it has been reduced to a canonical equation (but the curve is always the same even if the equation has changed). The type of conic depends on the coefficients.

answer to ptc-3682623 -1-.jpg

from this we deduce that making the graph is not difficult (see Werner's answers).

ptc-3682623
12-Amethyst
(To:-MFra-)

Thank you for this solution. It's what I wanted to see:) I have one more question about interpolation of x,y and xy. It must be solved by Newton raphson method and must to fulfill equation equilibrium and then plot of this. It's all complicated for me 😞

Equation equilibrium:

Top Tags