cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Include worksheet string as variable

SS_9781956
6-Contributor

Include worksheet string as variable

Can I pass string variable into the include statement to based on file path as a string variable? Can it be done 

4 REPLIES 4
ttokoro
20-Turquoise
(To:SS_9781956)

image.png

system command to show the current working directory.

SS_9781956
6-Contributor
(To:ttokoro)

Thanks for your response I have an understanding of CWD command.  I’m looking for a way to pass a string variable into the include statement to include a MathCad file based off of the file path stored as a string variable. Is there a way to do this?

Is there a way to make ssmith as a variable  that is in include path?

@SS_9781956 wrote:

Thanks for your response I have an understanding of CWD command.  I’m looking for a way to pass a string variable into the include statement to include a MathCad file based off of the file path stored as a string variable. Is there a way to do this?

Is there a way to make ssmith as a variable  that is in include path?

If you (or your local neighbourhood tame programmer) are up for some programming in a different language in a different environment, then you could see if the Mathcad API would support you in writing a function that inserts a reference.  

I've had a quick scan of the API but couldn't see anything, but that's not to say it's not there (I haven't written a Mathcad interface in over a decade).   If you're a support customer, then it might be worth asking the question of PTC.

I suppose there's always something like https://www.autohotkey.com/, which might be combinable with a Mathcad DLL.

Cheers,

Stuart

Hi,

Hate to be the bearer of bad news.

The answer is no, but it would be a great feature to ask for.

Cheers

Terry

Top Tags