cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Integration loop help

mtg23
1-Newbie

Integration loop help

Hi

My query seems very trivial compared some of the mathcad files i've seen but i've searched everywhere for a solution and i just can't work out what to do. I'm trying to find the displacment solution of a structure using an implicit integration method. Where i'm having trouble is setting up a loop to solve for all time steps. I've been looking into trying to set up a for loop but have zero experience in programming. I've looked at all the help docs for programming but still can't work it out. Any guidance/help on what i should be doing would be very helpful

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AlanStevens
17-Peridot
(To:mtg23)

See attached where I've shown how to do the iterations. I think you've got the expression for updating the accelerations wrong - you might want to check (I've not corrected it).

You should also look up the Ode solvers in the help file.

Alan

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AlanStevens
17-Peridot
(To:mtg23)

See attached where I've shown how to do the iterations. I think you've got the expression for updating the accelerations wrong - you might want to check (I've not corrected it).

You should also look up the Ode solvers in the help file.

Alan

Thats great thanks! I think the displacment term should be an acceleration term, thanks again for the speedy reply.

Top Tags