cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Interesting behaviour with units

JKT
12-Amethyst
12-Amethyst

Interesting behaviour with units

Is there a known explanation for the next? I would think that the resulting units should be the same, but apparently not.

JKT_0-1679381118747.png

This was with Prime 7.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:JKT)

I agree that its a very inconsistent behaviour.
As Prime is not using SUC (static unit check) is should always apply a unit to zero values.

Werner_E_3-1679490940961.png

Example done in Prime 9

You may consider reporting it to PTC support.

BTW multiple vectorizations as seen in your screenshot have no special effect. One large vectorization arrow over the whole expression is all thats needed.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Werner_E
24-Ruby V

I agree that its a very inconsistent behaviour.
As Prime is not using SUC (static unit check) is should always apply a unit to zero values.

Werner_E_3-1679490940961.png

Example done in Prime 9

You may consider reporting it to PTC support.

BTW multiple vectorizations as seen in your screenshot have no special effect. One large vectorization arrow over the whole expression is all thats needed.

JKT
12-Amethyst
12-Amethyst
(To:Werner_E)

Thanks!  I suppose I will. Especially as it seems to persist in newer versions. It seems to work as long as at least one of the boolean rows returns true.

About the vectorization: Was it always so? I seem to recall that at some time I needed it to get the result, but it is too long ago to dig up.

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

As far as I am aware multiple vectorizations never had any effect in Mathcad, but then my memory can also be wrong ...

JKT
12-Amethyst
12-Amethyst
(To:Werner_E)

You seem to be right - at least the multiple vectorization doesn't seem to work as one would hope. 🙂 The location of the vectorization does matter, though.

JKT_0-1679563556191.png

Top Tags