cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Is it my own or Mathcad 15 error?

ValeryOchkov
24-Ruby IV

Is it my own or Mathcad 15 error?

When I have 20 elements in vectors with operators (for parallel calculation of 4 curves) all is OK!

When I have 40 elements in vectors with operators (for parallel calculation of 8 curves) it is not OK!

See please attach!

My Mathcad Prime 4 is break when I open the converted 8-Flyers file!

Help please

43 REPLIES 43

I was already wondering why you have not posted these Platonic solids long ago 😉

@Werner_E wrote:

TetraAni.gif

Has this finish point in the tetrahedron a name?

If not - it is Werner point! 

I don't think that this point has any special meaning (its seems to be a bit lower than the center of mass). Different initial conditions (as to which point chases which with what velocity) may lead to different points.

Octahedron is easy and looks quite nice

octa.png

Dodecahedron is a bit more complicated - her you see versions with 20 and with 18 moving points. I leave the Icosahedron with a max of 12 moving points up to you - have fun!

dodec2.gif

Wunderbar!

I have seen someone like this new math object

Сплети половичок своими руками!Сплети половичок своими руками!

Here is the file.

Its still incomplete and eventually throws an error. It cannot handle multiple loops (like 1 chase 2, 2 chases 3, 3 chases 1 AND 4 chases   5, 5 chases 6, 6 chases 7). It cannot handle the case when one point is hunted by two different points, etc.

Also, as the file originally was not written for animations, the way i do those animations is rather crude, bold and inefficient. I was too lazy to write the necessary routines to create the data structure just once and pick up the necessary points for each animation frame. Instead the whole calc is done for every frame.

Feel free to make it more efficient and provide an animation for the icosahedron:

icosa.png

It is a diamond of our discussion!

20-18-bats.png18-bats.gif

@ValeryOchkov wrote:

It is a diamond of our discussion!

18-bats.gif

Thanks for this gift to my 70-birthday - see please here

But the real gift is - to point on the error in my model!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Valery!!

С днем Рожденья, г-н профессор!

Вы так молодо пишете, не мог представить, что вам уже 70!

Счастья вам!

Пауль

спасибо!

Dear Valery Sorry I am a few days late: Hjertelig tillykke med de 70år. Gid du længe leve må. 生日快乐,福如东海,寿比南山 - and thanks for the flying bats.

@SteenGroðe wrote:
Dear Valery Sorry I am a few days late: Hjertelig tillykke med de 70år. Gid du længe leve må. 生日快乐,福如东海,寿比南山 - and thanks for the flying bats.

опс

я на старости лет научился понимать по-датски

спасибо

One mathematics teacher (a women!) from the Air Force Academy found a mistake in my model!

See please the attach!

Tetr-Bats.gif

Variant without the cycle for (for Mathcad Express) in attach!

Tetrahedron-Bats.png

Top Tags