cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The community will undergo maintenance on October 16th at 10:00 PM PDT and will be unavailable for up to one hour.

Is there a quick way to insert a variable into a equasion, which you already used before?(simulare to C). It is quite the effort with indices!

rwecken
1-Newbie

Is there a quick way to insert a variable into a equasion, which you already used before?(simulare to C). It is quite the effort with indices!

‌Is there a quick way to insert a variable into a equasion, which you already used before?(simulare to C). It is quite the effort with indices!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Werner_E
25-Diamond I
(To:rwecken)

Not sure what exactly you have in mind.

Do you think of Mathcad suggesting inputs when you begin typing?

Unfortunately thats not available in Mathcad but its a convenient feature available for a long time in SMath Studio (a free mathcad clone):

BTW, if that kind of feature is available when you code in C, then that's not a feature of the programming language C but rather a feature of the editor/IDE you use.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Not sure I understand what you're asking!  But Mathcad is pretty powerful:

Can you give an example?

Werner_E
25-Diamond I

Not sure what exactly you have in mind.

Do you think of Mathcad suggesting inputs when you begin typing?

Unfortunately thats not available in Mathcad but its a convenient feature available for a long time in SMath Studio (a free mathcad clone):

BTW, if that kind of feature is available when you code in C, then that's not a feature of the programming language C but rather a feature of the editor/IDE you use.

DJF
16-Pearl
16-Pearl

You can of course copy and past the variable.  That's what I do.  There is no auto-suggest. 

Note, the pasting can be fussy.  You have to have a proper location for it to be pasted into.  For example, you may need to have a*b* *c=  spelled out if you want to pasted a value between b and c.  If there aren't operators (e.g. *)  it won't let you paste.  And sometimes I've found other areas where it won't paste (particularly functions) for no reason I can figure out. 

(Comments are for prime)

‌Thanks for all the answers! I appreciate your effort! 

Announcements

Top Tags