cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

[Issue Report] Some areas is damaged and cannot open in MathCAD Prime 4.0 M010

jlee-10-11-12
8-Gravel

I just put some equotions in these areas.

The mathcad file has error after i save the files and open it again, the error picture like these:

And the error reason in log file is: "An unrecognized structure in the data format "XamlPackage"."

some areas is damaged and cannot open 1#.png

some areas is damaged and cannot open 2#.png

I can't fix the .mcdx file, how to avoid this problem?

Error sample file and log file in attatcmnent:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

please report the problem to PTC Support.

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hi,

please report the problem to PTC Support.

Martin Hanák

Please send your issue to PTC's tech support by using "Mathcad Support Center" (you can do it, even if you use Express version of  Mathcad Prime):

Mathcad Support Center

http://blogs.ptc.com/2011/09/22/how-to-use-the-brand-new-online-mathcad-support-center/

I have sent my issue to PTC's tech support by using "Mathcad Support Center", i choose this option "Mathcad Express,Users who have not yet purchased Mathcad and are using the free Express or 30-day full functionality." I received the feedback phone(From China PTC's tech support center), they said they can't submit this problem to R&D department because i use a Mathcad Express without a valid SCN. China PTC's tech support center R&D department will not accept the issue or bug improvement suggestions unless i use commercial version of Mathcad. I think Brent Edmonds gives us the way to send the issue feedback of Mathcad Express, his vision is Mathcad becomes better and better. I know i am not commercial user, but i just want to let China PTC's tech support center R&D department know and record these problems, maybe they could fix them oneday,i don't need they give me a commercial support. It is not easy to be a man makes positive suggestions to PTC. I will not send issue to China PTC's tech support center, should i try to send to USA?

The sad truth is that PTC seems not to be interested in customer feed back, bug reports or feature suggestions. At least not when it come to Mathcad or Prime.

You have to be under maintenance to turn in a product idea (at least thats as it was in the old Jive Forum) and you have to be under maintenance to turn in a bug report.

Other companies may be happy to receive feature suggestions and especially bug report from whoever as they are interested in improving their software - PTC isn't, as it looks.

Given the way Prime "developed" over the many years since version 1, I have no hope it will ever live up to good old Mathcad 15, let alone improve on it.

PTC seems to have other plans with Prime, so it looks that Prime/Mathcad is a dead end.

Hi Werner,
Thank you for your reply, i can't agree with you more. I have received the reply from PTC USA, they said "regarding your issues. Currently we do not support functionality question for Mathcad trial edition. We only support installation for Mathcad trial edition.If you have functionality questions you can post them at https://community.ptc.com/".
Actually i never expected them to solve my problem, i just want to submit issues to them, and help they improme MathCAD.

--

Jeff

Now it's clear, "Express" respond only to problems with the installation of the trial version.

@amcgough

@jlee-10-11-12 wrote:

Actually i never expected them to solve my problem, i just want to submit issues to them, and help they improme MathCAD.

They will not accept your help unless you pay them to accept it. And then they would probably not be able to help you anyway, because Prime has been known to corrupt files for a long time, and the bug is still not fixed. When it does corrupt a file it usually trashes it completely. You can post it here if you like (you will have to zip it first) and we can take a look, but there is not much hope of recovery.

Top Tags