cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Issue in Plotting a Triangular reponse, what seems to be wrong?

jrodriguez-9
5-Regular Member

Issue in Plotting a Triangular reponse, what seems to be wrong?

I am plotting a tensile test plot of concrete. It suppose to look like a triangle. from 0 to max value f't and then come down to zero again. The left positive slope should be elastic modulus E and the right slope (negative slope) should be the same elastic modulus but divided by 10. I have already did the function but I see a step coming down in the triangle that should not be there. Can any one tell me what I am missing or doing wrong? Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The problem is in the equation of your second slope: f't - (εt*Ec/10)

This equation is equal to f't when εt is equal to 0.  However, you want it to be equal to f't when εt is equal to ε't.

To fix this, the equation of the second slope should be: f't - [(εt-ε't)*Ec/10]

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jrodriguez-9
5-Regular Member
(To:jrodriguez-9)

Q8.1.pngQ8.2.png

I think there may be an error in your expression or your value for ft.

Stuart

The problem is in the equation of your second slope: f't - (εt*Ec/10)

This equation is equal to f't when εt is equal to 0.  However, you want it to be equal to f't when εt is equal to ε't.

To fix this, the equation of the second slope should be: f't - [(εt-ε't)*Ec/10]

jrodriguez-9
5-Regular Member
(To:MJG)

Thank you very much all for your great and intelligent answers. I am new in programming so it is a slow process and I do admire how smart you are. All answers were correct but this answer was the right one because went right on to the pointAnswer8.1.pngAnswer8.2.png. this is what it gave me:

Try this

Top Tags