cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Issue with Vector Definition and GenFit

mlin-3
1-Newbie

Issue with Vector Definition and GenFit

My assignment requires me to use genfit to fit this plot. However, it keeps saying that the variable "y" needs to be defined as a vector of real numbers, which it is. Not sure why it keeps saying this error and I do not know what to do. Any suggestions? I believe it may be a issue with the software.

5 REPLIES 5
DJF
16-Pearl
16-Pearl
(To:mlin-3)

I think the problem is in your formulation.  I didn't spend too much time with it but your use of z doesn't look correct.  Here's a simple version.  Although I did need to give it a good guess to get the right answer.

fite.jpg

mlin-3
1-Newbie
(To:DJF)

Thanks for your help man! I knew it wasn't something too difficult but just had trouble finding out what was wrong. I really appreciate it!

ValeryOchkov
24-Ruby IV
(To:DJF)

Better  plot

... with the log Y scale

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:mlin-3)

You have indeed a vector of data, stored under the variable name 'y'. But then, before the genfit statement, you also define a function y(z)...

Which 'y' do you think Prime wants to use in the genfit?

Renaming the function y(z) to f(z) or something else (but NOT y), might already solve your problem.

Success!

Luc

Top Tags