cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Iteration using "Line" -option

TikkaMasala
11-Garnet

Iteration using "Line" -option

Hello,

I have two functions which are depenent on each others results. Calculation as attached.

Can this kind of iteration problem be solved using the "Line" -option of programming toolbar?

Thank you for your help.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Actually, as presented, I don't see any need for iteration or the solve block, just algebra. The solve block just spit out the original values (with a little error).

Perhaps some calrification of the problem is needed?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Mathcad has a built-in construct for this; you could program it, but "Given/Find" is a better, easier way:

Actually, as presented, I don't see any need for iteration or the solve block, just algebra. The solve block just spit out the original values (with a little error).

Perhaps some calrification of the problem is needed?

Fred_Kohlhepp
23-Emerald I
(To:wayne)

What was not clear in the sheet is that the 49 mm in the equation for R should really be the variable c; the equations are coupled. So you are correct, a little algebra would avoid the use of the solve block.

Thank you both for your help. This solution of using algebra worked.

I had simplified the functions in a way that the main idea still remained, that's why the functions may have looked little bit strange.

Announcements

Top Tags