cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

M030 fix in a corporate environment

PhilipOakley
5-Regular Member

M030 fix in a corporate environment

Just to note a couple of items picked up while testing my corporate M030 roll-out.

1. The registry name and location for multiple user handbook locations (i.e. many servers) has changed.
The new install dialog isn't yet fully documented as to how to enter secondary handbook paths... (avoiding playing with registry stuff..)

2. When roaming profiles are used there can be problems in ensuring the right data is in the users profile, especially testers! The testers can often have old legacy registry and cache entries that corrupt the test, while new users are OK. I posted notes on how to clean out the profile on the call.

Given that M030 is only available to companies paying maintenance, just get the data from Call 7192891 ....

Philip Oakley
3 REPLIES 3

On 7/23/2009 10:03:25 AM, philipoakley wrote:
>Just to note a couple of items
>picked up while testing my
>corporate M030 roll-out.
> ...
>Given that M030 is only
>available to companies paying
>maintenance, just get the data
>from Call 7192891 ....
>

Call ist not visible for customers !?
I dont have the experience and don't know how calls usually are handled, but I never thought that my calls would be visible to others.

RMix

Mainly i was giving a reference so that those that
do have that version, and hence can call customer
support, can get customer support to quickly (?)
look up the answer...

If you aren't on maintenance you won't have that
version anyway..

Philip Oakley

I am using M030 and our corporate version is under maintainance. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to setup support calls or search for calls. Nevertheless I get that mentioned error when I try to look up your call. I don't know for sure bit I think, you can only look up your own calls.

RMix
Top Tags