cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

MC 15 and Prime 2.0 are running on my Win7 computer. How do I move them over to my new Win8.1 machine?

Stillc
1-Newbie

MC 15 and Prime 2.0 are running on my Win7 computer. How do I move them over to my new Win8.1 machine?

Do I need to buy a new license to move these programs to my new computer?

9 REPLIES 9
Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:Stillc)

Stillman Chase wrote:

Do I need to buy a new license to move these programs to my new computer?

No. Contact PTC licensing support, they should be able to provide you a new license file based on the MAC of your new computers NIC.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

I know there are problems running MC 15 under Win8.1. I'm not sure about Prime 2.0.

Richard Jackson wrote:

I know there are problems running MC 15 under Win8.1...

Which one, Richard?

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:VladimirN)

I haven't tried it, but according to Valery 3D sufrace plot do not work under Win 8, and there seems to currently be no fix for this.

3D works OK with MC15 on my Win8.1 machine if I click off the "border"

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

So the same workaround as under Win7 works OK for Win 8.1, too. Good to know. I also had in my mind that Valery reported that he wasn't able to fix the problem with the old Win7 tricks.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:Werner_E)

Valery certainly did say that turning off the border didn't work. Maybe one of the latest service releases fixed the issue. Or maybe it's something to do with Valery's PC.

Yes, it may also have to do with his video adapter or which screen skin he has chosen.

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

Hi,

For moving your licenses you need to use "Reconfigure Software Licenses" option on PTC's site: https://www.ptc.com/appserver/lm/rsl/reconfig.jsp

Top Tags