cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

MC15 Find Function not working

ZP_9495145
3-Visitor

MC15 Find Function not working

Hello
I am having issues with the "find function". I am trying to solve for the reactions of the structure in the attached file. I've been wrestling with it for a while now and am finally asking for help.

Despite my units working out in the equations, MathCAD refuses to solve it. I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

Some advice would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Two errors:

1) You use P and P.bay in your equations, but P.bay is not defined. Either you forgot to define it or meant it to be P.

2) After find you use an equal sign, which would force Mathcad to display the result vector. But you variables are of different dimensions - M.A is Energy (Nm), but all the others are force (N). Mathcad unfortunately does not allow quantities of different dimensions in one matrix.

So simply delete the equal sign and evaluate the variables one by one.

Werner_E_0-1608249330895.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Two errors:

1) You use P and P.bay in your equations, but P.bay is not defined. Either you forgot to define it or meant it to be P.

2) After find you use an equal sign, which would force Mathcad to display the result vector. But you variables are of different dimensions - M.A is Energy (Nm), but all the others are force (N). Mathcad unfortunately does not allow quantities of different dimensions in one matrix.

So simply delete the equal sign and evaluate the variables one by one.

Werner_E_0-1608249330895.png

Thank you!! 

That helped greatly.

Top Tags