cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

MP1.0b: Text formatting and display

Ninetrees
1-Newbie

MP1.0b: Text formatting and display

The text that was imported from M14 got reformatted as a beginning line, then subsequent lines were given some sort of paragraph spacing that the original didn't have. In addition, when I try to select the lines of text, the paragraph spacing doesn't show as part of the line of text until I go past the BOL or EOL.

Rich
http://www.downeastengineering.com/
10 REPLIES 10

On 8/12/2009 6:48:05 PM, woodwise wrote:
>The text that was imported
>from M14 got reformatted as a
>beginning line, then
>subsequent lines were given
>some sort of paragraph spacing
>that the original didn't have.
>In addition, when I try to
>select the lines of text, the
>paragraph spacing doesn't show
>as part of the line of text
>until I go past the BOL or
>EOL.
>
>Rich
>http://www.downeastengineering
>.com/

Are you sending these as emails? I don't think the beta team reads this forum.

TTFN,
Eden

A good thought, Eden_mei. But I think this is the place for these discussions to take place. This is so much better than clogging the ether with emails, I think. This way, we all get to see what each other is writing. All beta testers have been informed of this forum, why it exists, and the fact that it is private. I hope that all beta testers log in and read this list.

Rich
http://www.downeastengineering.com/

I think you are missing a couple of points.

Can you follow instructions? The beta instructions are quite clear that problems or suggestions are to be reported by e-mail. Whether you agree that that is the best way of reporting or not, those are the instructions.

The purpose of the beta test is for the PTC developers to be informed of problems and user reactions. It is not for conversations between testers. While it is a courtesy to other testers to keep them informed, doing so does not fulfill your obligations as a beta tester, which is to inform the beta team.

While it increases workload on the beta testers, I think it would be best to discuss the topics here, AND report them by email. That way in theory we wouldn't all be reporting the same issues over and over.

Another option would be a live list of reported issues posted to a website somewhere, but I think this forum could serve that purpose.

Thanks,
Preston

Nothing wrong with discussing the issues here -- that's the purpose of this forum. But it doesn't replace the e-mail reporting to the beta team.

Ideally we would have access to PTC's problem data base. That way we could see what had been reported (not all beta testers are involved in the collaboratory -- historically only about half have been) and also what the developers are thinking. Historically, Mathsoft's "solutions" have sometimes been worse than the problems they were intended to solve. But such access has not been available in the past, and there is no reason to think it will be forthcoming now.

Rich and others,

Please send the Mathcad 14 file and the Mathcad Prime file that had an issue to - so quality assurance can analyze what's going on.

The purpose of this forum is for testers to talk with each other, about various issues.

You should send all bugs and features suggestions to the beta box, because we can track them there, assign them, and log them.

I'll post new known issues that arise here. I didn't post everything in the Known Issues list, because we are still fixing lots of things.

Mona

The loss of text formatting from Mathcad 14 has been fixed.

Mona
SteenGroðe
6-Contributor
(To:mzeftel)

On 9/18/2009 11:35:20 AM, MonaZ wrote:
>The loss of text formatting
>from Mathcad 14 has been
>fixed.
>
>Mona

But we have to have much more than just what was lost from MC14.

Steen Gro�e
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:SteenGroðe)

On 9/19/2009 3:21:58 PM, sgrode wrote:

>But we have to have much more than just
>what was lost from MC14.

As a starting point, I'd be happy just to get back what was lost.

Richard

Right now we are fixing much of what was lost, so that imported worksheets look as close as possible to their originals. In Mathcad Prime 2.0, we'll be adding more documentation and text formatting features.

Mona
Announcements

Top Tags