cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

MathCad 15, "TAB"-button problem

ptc-1237786
1-Newbie

MathCad 15, "TAB"-button problem

Mathcad 15. Problem with the "Tab"-button. I can not "tab" in my Mathcad sheets. And in some areas I can not write anything. Have anyone had the same experience? Any suggestions? I use Windows7 and 64-bit. I have other problems with objects imported from Excel and AutoCad, but let us take the "TAB"-problem first 🙂

7 REPLIES 7

Can you be more concrete - what exactly ere you trying to do which doesn't work. Is the Tab key not working at all?

When you click in an empty space of your worksheet and press Tab a few times you should see the red crosshair cursor moving step by step horizontally. Is this working for you?

Hi Werner. Thanks for your respons. The red crosshair does not move step by step. It stays in its position. It is a periodically error. I tried closing Mathcad and opening the sheet again, and then the TAB-button worked again. But I have experienced this problem on and off since I got a new computer. Have no idea how or when it starts. And when the TAB-button does not work I also have some areas where I can't write anything.

And when the TAB-button does not work I also have some areas where I can't write anything.

"some"??

Anyway a strange effect. Are you sure its a Mathcad issue? If yes, I assume you have already tried a resinstall.

Have you already contacted PTC support?

Do you have the same "Tab-problem" in clear worksheet?

tietjee
14-Alexandrite
(To:VladimirN)

The Tab feature has never worked for me expected. The tab appears to be in the middle of the first word. This makes it hard to correct. Never have found a solution.

David Tietje wrote:

The Tab feature has never worked for me expected. The tab appears to be in the middle of the first word. This makes it hard to correct. Never have found a solution.

In the first word of what, when you do what?

I just did a little experimentation with my MC 15. In a new worksheet created as MC is initially opened, the tab key does nothing until I move the cursor away from its initial upper-left corner location. Once moved, it jumps the cursor a default 0.5 inches at a time. This is not in a text area, but on the whiteboard in a blank math area.

If I close that sheet and open another blank sheet in the same session, the tab works without having to move the cursor from the initial location. The tab only "freezes" for the first blank worksheet of a Mathcad session. Even if I don't "unfreeze" it in the first session, and just close that session and open another blank session, the tab still works at the default spacing.

Does your tab work when you insert your own tab positions on the ruler? That's how I mainly use the tab. I put a few tab locations on the ruler so I get math statements aligned consistently in the worksheet.

Top Tags