cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Mathcad 14 020: swapping range values on polar plot

Ninetrees
1-Newbie

Mathcad 14 020: swapping range values on polar plot

Has anyone noticed that swapping the range values for a ploar plot does not change the plot? For example, if I have a 2D plot, and I swap the xmin and xmax values, the plot reverses on the x-axis. But when I do this in a polar plot, there is no change to the plot. If I change the inner and outer radial boundary values while the outer is less than the inner, then the radial range changes, but not its direction.

~R~

3 REPLIES 3

yes i can confirm that the radial axis in polar plots cannot be inversed. i want it to go from 90deg to 0deg. but no matter what i do it always goes from 0deg to 90deg

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:Ninetrees)

Extracted from the help file.

Changing Axis Limits of 2D Plots

To override the default axis limits:

1. Click in the plot to select it. In an X-Y Plot, you'll see four numbers, one by each axis limit. In the case of X-Y plots with a secondary y-axis, you will see six axis limit placeholders. In a Polar Plot, you'll see two additional numbers on the right of the plot region.

2. Click on the number closest to the axis limit you wish to change and type a new number or expression.

3. Click outside the plot region to redisplay the plot using the numbers you specified as axis limits.

Notes:

• You can also set axis limits by zooming a plot.

• You cannot override the default angular axislimits. These are always set to 0 degrees and 360 degrees.

• To return the axis limits to their automatic settings, delete the entry in an axis limit placeholder, leaving the placeholder empty. Click outside the plot region.

yes the inverse x-axis works for XY plots. But the radial axis of polar plot doesn't invert.

See attached file

Announcements

Top Tags