cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Mathcad 14 Installation Problems

rlewis-2
1-Newbie

Mathcad 14 Installation Problems

I have had ths problem just about every time I tried to install the software. When the install program is extracting files I get random errore messages that a file was not extracted, then when it goes to install I get an error message some files are not found. I used to be able to get around this by copying the CD file to my hard drive and then running he istall from there. For some reason it would extract all of the files. I reformatted my hard drive and now not even this trick works. I can't reinstall Mathcad 14. Any help on this would be apreciated. Rich
3 REPLIES 3

I am having the same problem. I am moving from a Windows Vista Business 32 bit system to a Vista Ultimate 64 bit system. I am trying again with all security settings off and as administrator. Steve

Let me see... 1. The software does not install properly on a 64 bit Vista machine. 2. I cannot load a copy on a desk top machine and a laptop, as most reasonable software companies will allow. 3. I have to pay for the next update that hopefully will install properly. 4. And the major difference between this debacle and MathCAD 13.1 is...well...the number 14. I just requested a refund for my $99 upgrade since it is worthless to me. Now I'll take a look at competitors. Too bad, PTC. You took a good product and turned it into a door stop. Frank A Tinker, Ph.D. ------- It was the "latest" upgrade (14 M020) that I got when I ordered from the web site yesterday. You would think that the "latest" would be the M030 since it is the latest; but no. Just another example of PTC incompetence.
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:ptc-1515522)

Did you try to install 14.0, or 14.0 M011? Version 14.0 is not compatible with Vista. You need to download M011 (free) and install that. Richard
Top Tags