cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Mathcad 15 - pdf print issue

dkubik
1-Newbie

Mathcad 15 - pdf print issue

Hi,

When I print to pdf in Mathcad 15 I always get random horizontal lines that show up in the pdf file. When I print to paper printer it's OK and when I print preview they are not there. The lines only show up in the pdf created document. They are usually over half to 3/4 of the page.

I've tried multiple different pdf programs but the bug is common across all of them.

How do you fix this, has someone found a free pdf writer that doesn't have this issue?

Please excuse me if this question has already been answered, I couldn't find the question / solution on here.

Thanks,

Dave

7 REPLIES 7

Hi Dave.

Can attach a Mathcad and pdf example files?

Best regards.

Alvaro.

VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:dkubik)

What service release of Mathcad 15 are you use?

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

Can you give us some additional information?

Especially of interest could be the maintenance release (current its Mathcad 15 M045) and which software pdf printers you had tried.

Maybe also the underlying operating system f- which version of Windows.

Many of the free pdf-printers use routines from the free GPL Ghostscript.

Did you also had a chance to try a commercial pdf-printer, like the one from Adobe?

Not sure if it could help but attaching a small demo Mathcad file along with the faulty pdf created may be a good idea, too.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

I use CutePDF, and it works fine (MC15 M045).

Yes, the program works fine and has small size.

dkubik
1-Newbie

Hi,

I am using Mathcad 15:      Mathcad 15.0 (15.0.0.436 [006041742])

Windows 10 Pro, Version 1607 (but I have had this issue on previous versions of windows, just never bothered trying to sort out until now).

I have tried the following pdf programs when printing to pdf from mathcad:

• CutePDF
  • Adobe PDF
  • Microsoft print to pdf
  • PDF Exchange V6 Standard

I just figured out that it is when I open the printed files with pdf-Exchange editor that is when the lines show up. When I open in adobe acrobat, the lines are not there. I will enquire with pdf-exchange (tracker software) if there is a fix.

Sorry to waste your time!

Dave

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

You should also download and install the latest version of MC15. You can get it here: Thank You for Your Interest in PTC Mathcad 15 | PTC

Top Tags