cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Mathcad Express Problem

ptc-5325312
1-Newbie

Mathcad Express Problem

I am using Mathcad Express Prime 3.0 however some of my calculation blocks are greyed out and are not evaluating. This happened after I changed some variable names. Does anyone have a solution As nobody else uses Mathcad in my office?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Werner_E
25-Diamond I
(To:ptc-5325312)

In your sheet "automatic calculation" is turned off. So every time you change a variable, all expressions depending on that variable are greyed out (the old results aren't valid anymore) until the worksheet is recalculated (crtl-F9). You can turn on autocalc again at the calc ribbon, leftmost button.

EDIT: I just noticed that F9 or ctrl-F9 to recalculate a region or the whole sheet don't work in Prime if autocalculation is turned off. This does not make much sense. IMHO its abug or at least a failure in design.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Werner_E
25-Diamond I

Hard to say w/o anything to look at.

Maybe you attach one of the sheets which shows this behaviour, so we can see what you do.

Generally regions are greyed out

• during (re)calculation
  • in Express if they contain "premium" features like programs or solve blocks
  • if you disabled it yourself

Muhammad Aminu wrote:

... some of my calculation blocks are greyed out and are not evaluating. This happened after I changed some variable names...

Please attach your worksheet.

Thanks all for the response. Please see attached worksheet. The problem starts from the end of the first page.

Werner_E
25-Diamond I

In your sheet "automatic calculation" is turned off. So every time you change a variable, all expressions depending on that variable are greyed out (the old results aren't valid anymore) until the worksheet is recalculated (crtl-F9). You can turn on autocalc again at the calc ribbon, leftmost button.

EDIT: I just noticed that F9 or ctrl-F9 to recalculate a region or the whole sheet don't work in Prime if autocalculation is turned off. This does not make much sense. IMHO its abug or at least a failure in design.

Thanks. It is working now.

Announcements

Top Tags