cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Mathcad Install

ptc-4696437
1-Newbie

Mathcad Install

I am having trouble installing Mathcad 15.0 on my laptop.

About a year ago I installed Mathcad 15 on my laptop and it gave me an error. "You are running Windows XP, but do not have Service Pack 2 (SP2) or higher installed. This is a minimum system requirement for Mathcad 15.0 M010. Please upgrade your system." At that time, this message seemed odd because I did not have Windows XP, but Windows 7. I called customer service, and they logged into my computer and fixed the problem. It worked as expected. I do not know what they did.

Two weeks ago my hard drive crashed and my IT guy replaced it. In the process of re-installing Mathcad I am running into the same error above. Again, I don't have Windows XP, but Windows 7. In addition, a year ago I was running Office 2007, and now I am running Office 2010. I do not know if this has any impact.

I am installing the ".exe" file as "Run as Administrator". The error occurs immediately after I click the "Mathcad" button on the first install screen. See picture attached. I also have .NET Framework 4.0.

I have been on hold with customer service for over an hour and no one has answered. They transfered my call to the "call-back" option, which placed me right back in the hold queue. I am frustrated with the customer service, and I figured I would try another route to get this resolved.

Please help!

Regards,

Joel

1 REPLY 1

Hi Joel,

Please try this solution (https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS30727😞

Pic_1.png

Solution 1 : Directly the run the MSI file

Open Mathcad 15.0 CD/Download in Windows Explorer

Start the installation by running the Mathcad15WixInstaller.msi under Mathcad folder

Solution 2 : Disable the compatibility setting

Open Mathcad 15.0 CD/Download in Windows Explorer

Right-click on Setup.exe > Select Properties

Click Compatibility tab > Uncheck Run this program in compatibility mode for:

Click OK

Top Tags