cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Mathcad Prime 2.0 - VB & Library

cairo-2
1-Newbie

Mathcad Prime 2.0 - VB & Library

Hi all,

Still working on updating our worksheets to Mathcad Prime 2.0.

I'm trying to call a mathcad worksheet from a VB code in VisualStudio. To do that I need to add the reference of mathcad prime.

In the list of references, I find "C\Program Files\Mathcad\Mathcad Prime 2.0\Mathcad Prime.tlb".

The issue is when I try to add it, Visual Studio returns an error : "A reference to PTC Mathcad Library could not be added. Could not register the activeX type library."

If I try to add the .tlb of Mathcad 15, it works fine. But I need to do the same for Prime 2.0

Do you have an idea?

Thank you for your help,

Cecile

5 REPLIES 5
VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:cairo-2)

Hello,

Try to contact with PTC's technical support by creating a new "Case", here: http://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/case/case_logger.jsp

Hi and thank you for your answer,

I tried to manually add the "Mathcad Prime 2.0/interop.mathcad.dll" in the references of VisualStudio, and therefore it can list the class from that dll ; unfortunately it returns an error when I try to use any class from that dll (even mathcad.application doesn't work fine).

I really think this issue is directly link to the above (can't add "Mathcad Prime.tlb").

Is there anywhere on mathsoft website a link to download the Type Libraries in order to re-install it ?

I'll also contact PTC's technical support as you suggested, thanks for the link.

Cecile

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

cecile airo wrote:

...Is there anywhere on mathsoft website a link to download the Type Libraries in order to re-install it ?...

No.

Hi,

After some back and forth with the french technical support and the technical support senior, it appears that it's impossible to use a dll of Mathcad Prime 2.0 with another program, because it's not provided in the Prime versions (for now!).

Our main goal is to automate our Mathcad worksheets with our interface, so we'll go back to Mathcad 15, and too bad for the speed of Mathcad Prime 2.0.

And thank you Vladimir for your answers.

Cécile

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

You're welcome.

Top Tags