cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Mathcad Prime 2 License Server Installation Problem

ssupport
4-Participant

Mathcad Prime 2 License Server Installation Problem

Hello, everybody.

I have met some problem when i want to install the Flex License Manager. So, here's the detail of the problem.

1. The server I want to install the FlexLM to.
    The server is a virtual machine which hosted on a VMWare. The server couldn't connect to the Internet and already have another FlexLM instance which runs at least 5 other licenses. The server only have a network interface (which is the same as the PTC_HOSTID line in the license).
  2. The documentation I've read.
    What I've (which I think relevant to the problem) read was :
    a. Mathcad License Problem - ptc_d daemon is down ... (Couldn't do it. The server doesn't have any PTC product installed yet.)
    b. vendor daemon is not being read...File not found, __PTCD_PATH__ (Already modified the license like that)
    c. Mathcad Prime 2 Installation, License Management section. (Couldn't use the setup file as the server couldn't and shouldn't connected to the internet).
  3. The installer I have.
    Mathcad 14 (don't know if the FlexLM can be installed and read the license for Mathcad Prime 2)
    Mathcad Prime 1, Mathcad Prime 2 (the installer doesn't have the license manager)
  4. The error I got.

Status

--------

Flexible License Manager status on Thu 3/31/2016 13:33

[Detecting lmgrd processes...]

License server status: 27012@VirtualServer

License file(s) on VirtualServer: E:\Licensing_tools\MathCad\License_files\License.dat:

VirtualServer: license server UP (MASTER) v10.8

Vendor daemon status (on VirtualServer):

ptc_d: The desired vendor daemon is down.

Check the lmgrd log file, or try lmreread.

Vendor:Host:   VirtualServer

License path: 27012@VirtualServer;

FlexNet Licensing error:-97,121

For further information, refer to the FlexNet Licensing documentation,

available at "www.flexerasoftware.com".

So, would you mind to help to install the license manager?

Thank you for your help.

1 REPLY 1

1. Send your issue to PTC's tech support by using "Mathcad Support Center":

http://www.ptc.com/support/mathcad_supportCenter.htm

http://blogs.ptc.com/2011/09/22/how-to-use-the-brand-new-online-mathcad-support-center/

2. Try to install license server from the latest Mathcad 15 M045 service release package, here: Thank You for Your Interest in PTC Mathcad 15 | PTC

Pic_1.png

Top Tags