cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Mathcad Prime 3 speed and stability

jgelly
1-Newbie

Mathcad Prime 3 speed and stability

Hi,

I'm starting to use prime 3, mainly becuse I manipulate large files ( typically 100X100 arrays of nested 5000 elements vectors) and even using function for most of calculation Mathcad 15 ran quickly out of memory.

No memory issue with prime but instead an incredible slowness in reading/writing files ( prn), a lot of pause in editing even if computing stopped . Also there is no autosave, and often crashes ( not responding) without any way to leverage Escape key.

Issue are happening even if if memory and CPU is far from saturation.

Combined with mediocre ergonomy on menu, por productivity overall..am i missing something be ( I admit I did not read help documents fully)

Thanks for suggestion...

JFG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:jgelly)

No, unfortunately I think you are not missing something. You are just experiencing Prime.

Thats PTC's interpretation of "further development". Regrettably Prime IS mediocre and given the current speed of development it will take still a very long time until it will live up to Mathcad 15, not to mention any improvements,

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:jgelly)

No, unfortunately I think you are not missing something. You are just experiencing Prime.

Thats PTC's interpretation of "further development". Regrettably Prime IS mediocre and given the current speed of development it will take still a very long time until it will live up to Mathcad 15, not to mention any improvements,

Thank you...then to fix my memory management issue I have no other choice than going back to Matlab, loosing time with for my frequent "ire and forget" small analysis, but at least I am limiting myself the speed..

Top Tags