cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Mathcad Prime 7: Plotting Phasors

ET_10071901
3-Visitor

Mathcad Prime 7: Plotting Phasors

Is there a way to use plot phasors of voltages and currents (complex numbers in rectangular or polar form)? I would like to do this without creating custom functions, if possible.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

What kind of phasor plot do you have in mind. Plotting just the point or a line segment from he origin is easy, if you need an arrow it would mean a litle bit more work and you would be better off with a custom function.

Werner_E_1-1637596315066.png

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:ET_10071901)

You have the (built-in, so no custom function is required) functions Re() and Im() that take the real and imaginary part of a complex number. You can plot those on a rectangular plot.

Then you also have the built-in functions arg() and | | to get phase and magnitude of a complex number that you can plot on a Polar plot.

See also the help on complex numbers:

LucMeekes_1-1637596042952.png

Success!
Luc

What kind of phasor plot do you have in mind. Plotting just the point or a line segment from he origin is easy, if you need an arrow it would mean a litle bit more work and you would be better off with a custom function.

Werner_E_1-1637596315066.png

Thank you for the quick response. Line segment works for me.

ppal
17-Peridot
(To:ET_10071901)

HI

This is a file done by T Gutman that I use. I downloaded it from this forum a while back.

muser_0-1637628050218.png

VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:ppal)

Here is also a version for Mathcad Prime.

ttokoro
20-Turquoise
(To:VladimirN)

image.pngimage.png

ttokoro
20-Turquoise
(To:ttokoro)

image.png

image.png

Top Tags