cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Mathcad Prime 9.0 Crashes for large array.

Serge.y.Fortin
4-Participant

Mathcad Prime 9.0 Crashes for large array.

When I increase the number of Iteration on page 5, ex. 250 to 2500 the program crashes, instead of giving an error message and stopping.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Additional info: If I reduce the number of objects I can increase the number of iterations. The crash seems to be related to memory management. Still when the program crashes there is no error message.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Confirmed.

It crashes at Iteration=1162, at 1161 all is still well.

Success!

Luc

However, there is proof that it will sometimes allow 1162, see attachment.

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" /><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 15 (filtered medium)" />&lt;!--&lt;br&gt;/* Font Definitions */&lt;br&gt;@font-face&lt;br&gt; {font-family:"Cambria Math";&lt;br&gt; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}&lt;br&gt;@font-face&lt;br&gt; {font-family:Calibri;&lt;br&gt; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}&lt;br&gt;/* Style Definitions */&lt;br&gt;p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal&lt;br&gt; {margin:0cm;&lt;br&gt; font-size:11.0pt;&lt;br&gt; font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}&lt;br&gt;.MsoChpDefault&lt;br&gt; {mso-style-type:export-only;}&lt;br&gt;@page WordSection1&lt;br&gt; {size:612.0pt 792.0pt;&lt;br&gt; margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt;}&lt;br&gt;div.WordSection1&lt;br&gt; {page:WordSection1;}&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;

Thanks for looking at my issues. I tried for several hours to identify which section of the program is at fault without success.

I had the same issue when using the Graph component. You suggested to use Trace. I could then work for several days without problem. I could run for Iteration up to 20000.

Then the issue reapered yesterday. Again, I removed everything I could but without success.

Additional info: If I reduce the number of objects I can increase the number of iterations. The crash seems to be related to memory management. Still when the program crashes there is no error message.

Top Tags