cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Update variable manually

GB_10910688
2-Guest

Update variable manually

Hello,

For a project, I would like to store the result of the following expression :

GB_10910688_0-1704700456969.png

in another value (called prev for this example). 

But, I would like to update it manually, even if my parameters change. That way, I would be able to compare 2 curves with different parameters on the same graph in the same sheet.

Can someone help me ? 

Grégory

1 REPLY 1
Werner_E
25-Diamond I
(To:GB_10910688)

@GB_10910688 wrote:

Hello,

For a project, I would like to store the result of the following expression :

GB_10910688_0-1704700456969.png

in another value (called prev for this example). 

But, I would like to update it manually, even if my parameters change. That way, I would be able to compare 2 curves with different parameters on the same graph in the same sheet.

Can someone help me ? 

Grégory

I guess the most obvious way would be to manually copy and paste the numerical values of that vector to a new variable "prev". That would be easy to do in real Mathcad but could be problematic in Prime.

Another option could be to write the variable value in a file using APPENDPRN, so this file would collect all values of the variables being calculated after a recalculation of the worksheet (either automatically triggered by an input variable change or a manual recalculation).

The most clean option (but probably also most elaborate one, depending on the complexity of your sheet/calculations) would be to turn all your calculations into functions dependent on all input variables. That way you could call your calculations with different inputs and compare them easily side by side. If the calculations you are interested in is just the one you show in your picture (one vector dependent on three input vectors) the functional approach would be very easy to implement. If you experience difficulties doing so, come back here and attach your worksheet.

Announcements

Top Tags