cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Mathcad Prime Converter Scripting

TC_10696099
4-Participant

Mathcad Prime Converter Scripting

I have some VBS and Python scripting files that allow me to generate Mathcad 15 files using the XML data that Mathcad 15 is built on.

In Prime, it looks like the XML formatting is no longer supported, so I was wondering if there is any way to automate the Mathcad Prime converter tool to automatically convert the 15 files to Prime.

Is there an API for the converter tool, or is there any way to run VBS scripts to interface with the converter tool? I was envisioning generating the Mathcad 15 files the way I normally do, then append a conversion step to my scripting files by pointing the converter tool to the automatically generated 15 files.

5 REPLIES 5

hi,

Is there an API for the converter tool, or is there any way to run VBS scripts to interface with the converter tool? 

The short answer is no.

Converter is easy to use and can handle large number of files.

Cheers

Terry

Understood. I have experimented with the converter tool and I agree that it is pretty easy to use. I was just trying to cut down on user interaction since Mathcad 15 made it easy to automate the whole process.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:TC_10696099)

In Prime, xml formatting is still supported, but the xml is stored in parts in an archive that is zipped.

{Rename a Prime .mcdx file to a .zip file and open it with Windows Explorer to see what's inside.}

You might be able to create that structure yourself.

Success!
Luc

TC_10696099
4-Participant
(To:LucMeekes)

Is there any documentation on this?

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:TC_10696099)

I think there is as much documentation available (to users/customers of the software) from PTC on Prime's .mcdx file structure as there is documentation on the xml structure of Mathcad 15 files:

Success!

Luc

Announcements

Top Tags