cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Mathcad Prime Installation fails under Windows 10 Pro

jdessecker
2-Guest

Mathcad Prime Installation fails under Windows 10 Pro

Hello,

today i've tried to install Mathcad Prime Releases 3.0 and 3.1 under a new Installation of Microsoft Windows 10 Professional x64. Both of them failed. Does someone know more about possible reasons for that Problem. Or is there already a Workaround for this problem?

Kind regards, J. Dessecker

9 REPLIES 9

I know from PTC that Prime not for Win 10

Valery Ochkov wrote:

I know from PTC that Prime not for Win 10

As long as I don't let my PC know, do you think I'll be OK?

Stuart

(I installed in under Windows 7 Pro, then upgraded to Windows 10.  I don't know if that makes a difference?)

Hello again,

with help from PTC-Support, i've solved the Problem now. The source-DVD has a folder called 'ptcsh0'. This Folder contains the msi-files to install Mathcad Prime in 32-bit or 64-bit-mode. They are called PrimeWixInstaller_32bit.msi respectivly PrimeWixInstaller_64bit.msi. And: that works.

@Stuart Bruff: if you install it under Windows 7, why should there appear some problems that occur in Win 10? 😉

Johannes Dessecker wrote:

@Stuart Bruff: if you install it under Windows 7, why should there appear some problems that occur in Win 10? 😉

I was wondering if Prime and M15 would stop working under W10 (similar to M11 stopping under W7).

Also, if W10 installation failed, then it might be an option for some people to revert their OS and then upgrade back to W10.

Stuart

Stuart,

And what about a Mathcad M040 release in W10? You have installed?

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:VladimirN)

VladimirN. wrote:

Stuart,

And what about a Mathcad M040 release in W10? You have installed?

No, Vladimir. After seeing the release notice, I downloaded the trial Mathcad 15, but it's still M030.  M15 M030 works in Windows 10 Pro (but I installed it in Windows 7 Pro).

Stuart

‌Hello,

with Mathcad 15 M040 there is no Problem. You habe to install the .NET Framework 3.5 before install Mathcad.

Sorry for wrong spelling. Windows Phone doesnt like this community 😉

Johannes Dessecker wrote:

Hello,

with Mathcad 15 M040 there is no Problem. You habe to install the .NET Framework 3.5 before install Mathcad.

Sorry for wrong spelling. Windows Phone doesnt like this community 😉

Hi Vladimir,

How do I find M040 if I've only got a trial licence?

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

Well, you have to wait for the trial version for this new release .

Top Tags