cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Mathcad Prime List Box

GG_11924958
2-Guest

Mathcad Prime List Box

Hi,

I have encountered a problem. Normally, I know how to prepare a list box, but in this instance, I need to create a dynamic list box such that input from another list box influences it.

Specifically, I need to create a list box asking for the “Bolt Type,” but for that, I need two inputs, similar to a real case scenario: Bolt types depend on “Standard” and “Unit System.” Please find the attached image that I saw in a PDF.

Please help me to create this in Mathcad Prime. Thanks in advance.

The image:

GG_11924958_0-1727502067686.png

2 REPLIES 2
Werner_E
25-Diamond I
(To:GG_11924958)

You can provide multiple inputs in two different ways:

1) use a vector for input. The elements of it are

Inputs[0].Value[0]
Inputs[0].Value[1]
etc.

2) use multiple individual Inputs. How to achieve that is not implemented intuitive as the right click options won't provide a "Add another input". You have to use the "Insert Right" option from the "Matrices/Tables" menu or the keyboard short "Shift - Space". In the script the inputs can be used as

Inputs[0].Value
Inputs[1].Value
etc.

BTW, it looks like the picture you show does not stem from a Prime sheet but rather from a real Mathcad worksheet.
If you have access to the worksheet itself and not only to a pdf print, you may try to let Prime convert it to the new format. At least it may be wort a try though I have my doubts if the converter wold be capable enough.

Hi,

You can use this sheet as an example of cascading list boxes.

Announcements

Top Tags