cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Mathcad Unit Syntax Problem

ptc-4600479
1-Newbie

Mathcad Unit Syntax Problem

Good Evening All,

I'm brand new to Mathcad and am having difficulty getting my head around the units synatx.

Please see attatched calculation which is fairly simple.

In this instance my calculation includes emhirical formulae - so to keep things simple I have decided not to specify any units.

However the solve block will not return any results because the 'units are not compatible'. But no units have been used!

Any ideas??? Ive spent an hour trying to figure it out now I finally give in!

Many thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It appears that "h" has units of kg*m^2/s. Redefining will eliminate the units (call it h1 for example), but then you need a guess value. Then the solver cannot find a solution, but at least the units error is gone.

You are asking to solve for TA yet TA is defined as 12 above the solve block. Also, RC =delta x / kA, is that correct? I would have guessed kC.

Hopefully further (better) help will follow.

Norm

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

It appears that "h" has units of kg*m^2/s. Redefining will eliminate the units (call it h1 for example), but then you need a guess value. Then the solver cannot find a solution, but at least the units error is gone.

You are asking to solve for TA yet TA is defined as 12 above the solve block. Also, RC =delta x / kA, is that correct? I would have guessed kC.

Hopefully further (better) help will follow.

Norm

Hi Norm,

This is what I get for working late at night!

I forgot the guess value for h. I never meant to ask for TA. And your right - RC = delta x / kC.

Problem solved. Many thanks.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:nas0k)

It appears that "h" has units of kg*m^2/s.

It's Planck's constant, which is built-in in Mathcad Prime.

Top Tags