cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Mathcad express - setting default math formatting?

mvaupell
1-Newbie

Mathcad express - setting default math formatting?

I'm using Mathcad prime 3.1 express at my school for electrical calculations.

And I am constantly switching between the taps  "MATH" and "Math formatting"

It's really a hazzle..

Things i would like to change is

General should be Decimal or Engineering, Decimal values i need to be (5) not (3) as it is now.

and finally complex numbers should be displayed in polar instead.

I find myself switching the tab almost after each line of writing, and for one assignment i usually fill 2-3 A4 pages.

so it's really getting to me that i can't figure out how to set these things so they STAY that way be default.

Anyone have an idea on how to change the standard values under math formatting?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I don't know about EXPRESS, but

In Prime 3.0, you can set formatting for the whole sheet (text and math) by setting your options with nothing on the sheet selected.  (Don't select a text region, just set the text formats you want.  Don't select a math region, just set the display parameters.)  You might investigate creating a template, again, I don't know if EXPRESS will allow that.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I don't know about EXPRESS, but

In Prime 3.0, you can set formatting for the whole sheet (text and math) by setting your options with nothing on the sheet selected.  (Don't select a text region, just set the text formats you want.  Don't select a math region, just set the display parameters.)  You might investigate creating a template, again, I don't know if EXPRESS will allow that.

I never knew, so when you start a new worksheet, i set the "default" options for that sheet..

Great news, thank you.

I'm unable to try right now, but i will try tomorrow.

Announcements

Top Tags