cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Mathcad "Wurzel Function" Vektorising

sm�ller-2
11-Garnet

Mathcad "Wurzel Function" Vektorising

Hey guys,

wish you all a happy new jear.

I would have another short question maybe a guy can help me with this expression:

Can anyone see my failure?

Thx 😃

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

> Can anyone see my failure?

How could we know? You don't attach your worksheet and you don't even tell us, which error message you get.

Chances are that you have not defined a function "wurzel" or that ther is something wrong in this function, which you don't show.

BTW, there should be no need to vectorize the definition of Funktion f.

EDIT: Ah, I see that "wurzel" should be the translation of "root" in the German version of Mathcad. Guess Mark already provided the correct solution.

Like other built-in functions (min, max , ..) also "root" cannot be vectorized and so the usual way is to define ones own function.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Define your root (wurzel) as a function, then vectorize the calling of that function:

> Can anyone see my failure?

How could we know? You don't attach your worksheet and you don't even tell us, which error message you get.

Chances are that you have not defined a function "wurzel" or that ther is something wrong in this function, which you don't show.

BTW, there should be no need to vectorize the definition of Funktion f.

EDIT: Ah, I see that "wurzel" should be the translation of "root" in the German version of Mathcad. Guess Mark already provided the correct solution.

Like other built-in functions (min, max , ..) also "root" cannot be vectorized and so the usual way is to define ones own function.

I don't think that many will care about those points, but I guess for fairness sake you should mark Mark's reply as (first) correct answer.

In fact it was his answer which made me realize what "wurzel" is 😉

MJG
18-Opal
18-Opal
(To:Werner_E)

Ha ha - thanks, Werner.  You're correct: I don't care about those points.  My participation on this site is mostly to expand my own knowledge of Mathcad.

Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:MJG)

> You're correct: I don't care about those points.

Neither do I. But who knows - maybe some day we can turn in those points for something useful. I won't hold my breath, though.

Its funny that you had to tell me (I'm using a German Mathcad but set to language=English))  what "wurzel" was supposed to be. But its exactly the translation of the commands to local language (along with some bug when it comes to variable names like s and t) which let me decide to use the program in English flavor.

In Prime the command names are not translated, just the UI. Even if it maybe was just done out of laziness or convenience (of the programmers), I consider this a good decision.

Bad of course if someone got used to the localized command names and is then forced to downgrade to Prime.

Late now but thx you for the helpful answers. Im still working on my projects in mathcad.

😃

Top Tags