cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Mathcad solve block interation

neo42424254
1-Newbie

Mathcad solve block interation

Really easy problem that I can not figure out how to have the solve block solve it by iteration. Any help is appreciated.

I'd like the solve block to return 20 values of Z corresponding to each value of X in the matrix.

1 REPLY 1
Werner_E
25-Diamond I
(To:neo42424254)

Joshua Mackos schrieb:

Really easy problem that I can not figure out how to have the solve block solve it by iteration. Any help is appreciated.

I'd like the solve block to return 20 values of Z corresponding to each value of X in the matrix.

You can not use indexed assignment in a solve block. If you really would need that kind of iteration, you should turn the solve block into a function.

Another way would be to put the definition of the range variable above the solve block and also delete the assignment Z:=50 and put instead Z[i:=50 above the solve block (which has no guess values at all now). In the solve block write X for X[i and at the end write Z:=Find(Z) and you are done.

In your case I cannot understand why you would use a solve block as direct assignment would be the method of choice.

See attached.

solveit1.png

Announcements

Top Tags