cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Mathcad vs SMath

ValeryOchkov
24-Ruby IV

Mathcad vs SMath

Our Mathcad Community forum has an Ideas section. They don't let me in there for political reasons. Thank God they're still allowed in here.
The best idea for Mathad is to take all the good things from SMath.
I will post pictures here describing some of the benefits of SMath over Mathad.
I ask those who have access to the Ideas section to transfer my drawings there.

114 REPLIES 114

TTTT.png

Set of curves with automatic input curves

(A meteorite flies and falls into the arms of the Earth)

Fig-6F-new-Blue.png

Functions and Vector

Nautilus.png

31. Symbolic ODE solution

dsolve-ICs.png

CalcSMath.png

descrp.png

34. Do you remember the SmartMath in Mathcad 15?

In SMath

CurvatureCurvature

35. Local variables

abc.png

36. The SMath user can change the font size of individual statements and see, for example, the entire matrix.

Size.png

Size-1.png

SMath has not Numerical Math but Symbolical one.

Sym-Not-Num.png

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:ValeryOchkov)

What's so special about it?

LucMeekes_0-1697736755460.png

Maybe Valery means that the inline evaluation makes the original definition of the variable invisible for the symbolic engine in Mathcad and also in Prime and that seems to be a difference to the behaviour in SMath.

Werner_E_0-1697762068390.png

I can happily live with that 'limitation' and IMHO its generally a good idea to avoid inline evaluations in Mathcad and Prime anyway.

Sym-Num.png

Tp.png

Comma.png

39. SMath vs not Mathcad 15, but Mathcad Prime

6-Hard.png

40. Horizontal vector

GV.png

41. Pie diagram

Pie-diagram.png

Thank you for sharing.

42. WaterSteamPro as one plugin of SMath

WSP.png

43. Different sizes of operators

3-Progr.png

I can use the mouse and its wheel to zoom not only 3D graphs (Mathcad 15 and Prime), but also 2D graphs (SMath).

@Werner_E  @LucMeekes @ttokoro @terryhendicott 

I am wondering why people are using or still using Mathcad instead of SMath as we can see at least from this thread that SMath seems to have much more options and better functionalities than Mathcad? 🤨🤔 Moreover, SMath is free for personal use and not to much for comercial use, Mathcad is not free in terms of license money.

Mathcad has many advantages, which I won’t talk about here, but I’ll tell my friend, a SMath developer.

Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:Cornel)

@Cornel wrote:

@Werner_E  @LucMeekes @ttokoro @terryhendicott 

I am wondering why people are using or still using Mathcad instead of SMath as we can see at least from this thread that SMath seems to have much more options and better functionalities than Mathcad? 🤨🤔 Moreover, SMath is free for personal use and not to much for comercial use, Mathcad is not free in terms of license money.

Why don't  you give SMath a thorough try yourself. WOrk on some projects in parallel with Mahcad and SMath so you experience the pros and cons of both and the differences.

Top Tags