cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Matrix Factorization.

lvl107
20-Turquoise

Matrix Factorization.

Hello, Everyone.

dimensions+do+not+match+.PNG

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

Best Regards.

8 REPLIES 8
Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:lvl107)

You sure can't multiply a 3x3 by a 4x4 matrix! To obtain a 3x4 matrix you have to multiply a 3 x n matrix with a n x 4 matrix.

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

Why don't you simply use normal matrix arithmetic to get the "factorization" you need - if you need the result at all. You have different ways to do so:

21.03.png

lvl107
20-Turquoise

And a similar query :

No+solution+was+found+.PNG

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

Best Regards.

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

Why do you want to solve for 21 variables when you only have 12 equations???????????????

The way to do it is exactly the same as I have shown above (2nd), just do it symbolically. the 3x3 matrix can be anything as long as the matrix isn't singular.

lvl107
20-Turquoise
(To:Werner_E)

I greatly appreciate your time and help to my questions, Werner. And I have a different question and I have observed the following :

(1).PNG

(2).PNG

I need help with the reason : the equation, the above ( red one ) , was not solved for 14th unknown ( X[13 ) .

Thanks again.

Best Regards.

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

I need help with the reason : the equation, the above ( red one ) , was not solved for 14th unknown ( X[13 ) .

As already described above - you only have 12 equations but 14 variables to solve for. Mathcads solve does not like over or undedetermined systems.

lvl107
20-Turquoise
(To:Werner_E)

Werner,

It seems that " no solve for 14th unknown X[13 " :

No+Solve+for+14th+Unknown+X%5B13+.PNG

Thanks again.

Best Regards.

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

Yes, Mathcad's symbolics could find a/the solution in this case, but it doesn't. Seems its not perfect 😉

Top Tags