cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Maximize 4 variables MathCAD 6 Prime

Marilia
3-Visitor

Maximize 4 variables MathCAD 6 Prime

Hello!

I'm having trouble using the maximize function for 4 variables that I need to optimize. I'm using Solve Block, all the variables are defined and even then it hasn't worked.
I'm sending the file in case someone can please help me.
Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Prime is right when it moans about a unit mismatch. You forgot to add units for the constants in the last few inequations.

Furthermore you have typed square brackets twice. This creates a matrix. Use parentheses only to structure your expressions.

Werner_E_0-1589410481744.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Prime is right when it moans about a unit mismatch. You forgot to add units for the constants in the last few inequations.

Furthermore you have typed square brackets twice. This creates a matrix. Use parentheses only to structure your expressions.

Werner_E_0-1589410481744.png

Hi,

I get a different lower answer for Wp.

You define some angles at the start of the sheet.  I have changed them to include the unit degree..  I have changed all the instances of the unit deg by deleting them in the solve block.

Capture.JPG

Cheers

Terry

@terryhendicott wrote:

Hi,

I get a different lower answer for Wp.

Can't say why. Maybe you missed to delete a "deg" when you cleaned up the worksheet?

Hi guys!

Perfect, that was it!
Thank you so much for your help, you guys are great!

🤗

Top Tags