cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Maximum number of data points in MathCAD 14?

DavidCoones
1-Newbie

Maximum number of data points in MathCAD 14?

I wrote a small mathCAD script in v2001i many moons ago and it worked fine. I've just upgraded to v14 and when I use it on a dataset of 10000 points, I get the error message "This value must be a scalar or a matrix" for a range variable in the denominator of a calculation. I've thought about thinning the data, but it's real data from an oscilloscope and I don't really want to disturb it or my results will be compromised. The only difference I've been able to find between it working and not working is the size of the data set. Is there a limit to data file size in MC v14? That would be a big nuisance. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
1 REPLY 1
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:DavidCoones)

No, it's nothing to do with a limit on the size of the data. There's no real way to say what the problem is without seeing the worksheet though. Either post it here, or post it on the main Mathcad forum here: http://collab.mathsoft.com/~mathcad2000 Posting the file over there is a much better option. This forum has very small upload limits, and very little user traffic. Richard
Top Tags