cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Missing variables in math region Mathcad 15.0

ptc-4330771
1-Newbie

Missing variables in math region Mathcad 15.0

I just started having an issue where some of the variables in the math region are "missing" when I click outside the math region. They reappear when I click in the math region again. The equations and any solving performed gives correct answer, only the symbols (or numbers) are missing when you click outside the math region. I opened several other Mathcad files and see the issue there as well. It looks as though the missing variables occur when there is a fraction involved and it doesn't matter if it is character or numeric. I noticed this started after opening a Mathcad file I received from someone, but all of my previous Mathcad files show same issue.

I tried to re-install Mathcad 15.0 thinking I may have corrupted a file or something, but this didn't work.

I notice that the characters disappear if I change the zoom factor to anything but 100% and they stay missing regardless of whether I click in math region or not.

I also have Mathcad 14.0 so I installed that and it happens with that version as well.

3 REPLIES 3

Can you attach your Mathcad worksheet to the message?

Actually it seems to have fized itself after I rebooted the computer. I can't get it to happen again. If it comes back I will include the worksheet. Thanks, Robert

I have seen this come and go in M14 and M15, usually when I embed equations in a text region. Only for me, is is usually the other way around...they disappear in the text region until I click outside the text region. I associate this with editing the equation significantly just before it disappears...I suppose that the rendering engine doesn't handle the change well until I click outside the text region and it gets a chance to redraw the whole region.

~R~

Top Tags