cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Modification and/or calibration function.

mzarrabi
12-Amethyst

Modification and/or calibration function.

Hi all. I've implemented a model that needs 13 inputs parameters to work.  Now, I am trying to change these 13 input parameters to get simulation results of this model close to experimental results. Actually, I need to play with these 13 parameters so as the simulation results and experimental results fit (a really hard work by hand). I don't know what should I do? I wonder if somebody can give me some advice. Is there any calibration or modification function and/or software that I can use for this purpose? best, 

Physical Mathematics

7 REPLIES 7
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:mzarrabi)

Sounds like 13 equations and 13 unknowns. You should be able to have Mathcad solve that.
Where's the worksheet?

Luc
DJF
16-Pearl
16-Pearl

Would Minerr help?  In this example Z is a function that is the output you are after.  Z_data is a set of data.  Mathcad optimizes the variables to find the minimum error.

minerr2.jpg

Fred_Kohlhepp
23-Emerald I
(To:DJF)

I'm sorry, but aren't your two weightings the same?

weighting.PNG

Some simple algebra manipulation of "Normalized weighting' results in "Natural weighting."

What did I miss?

You are right, one good approach (especially with emperical data) is Minerr!

Except that nothing actually equals zero since it's (in my case) a fit of data.  We're just trying to get close to zero.   I certainly get different answers with the two methods.

Fred_Kohlhepp
23-Emerald I
(To:DJF)

Might also try

Fn_data/Data = 1

That gives the same result as the 'normalized.'  And that makes sense because they are the same equation.error.jpg

nas0k
7-Bedrock

Maybe, are you looking for some fitting routine(s)? Attached is P3.1 sheet for your reference.

Top Tags