cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Need advice for the search function (numerical solution of equation)

sm�ller-2
11-Garnet

Need advice for the search function (numerical solution of equation)

Hey,

i would need another short help of you guys.

I have an equation and need to solve it for a variable with the search(x) function. Now my problem is that i need to do it for many loadcases.

I have given vectors for the variables in the equation and a given vector for the beginning search variable.

How can i do it in mathcad so that mathcad is solving the equation for every row of the vectors.

I have an given example in the mathcad file.

I have problems here how to define the code 😞

Best thx

6 REPLIES 6

I tryed to add a for Code but not working hmmm

Maybe its only a small failure

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:sm�ller-2)

You can't use find in a program.

You can use the symbolic solver to get a function.  Because you have a quadratic function there are two solutions.  You must decide which is physically relevant.

thx for the tipp.

The problem is i tryied this but what i dont understant:

the numerical solution gives a result of 6.819 mm what is the right result

But when i solve it analytical directly i always get - 6,819 . What is the wrong result and minus.

Why do i get a minus. Maybe im loosing a result by directly solving.

But i think the numerical solving by vectorising is the better method since i have much more complicated solutions.

Thx for the good tip. I really need it. I was close to the solution i had the arrow on the right side of the equation upper the search function.

-MFra-
21-Topaz II
(To:sm�ller-2)

numerical_solution.jpg

uff thx for help. Long solution

Top Tags