cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Newbie Question

ptc-4098420
1-Newbie

Newbie Question

I'm looking to make a simple comparison between an allowable stress:

Fb:= 1200 psi

and an actual stress:

fb = 900 psi

I would like mathcad to compare fb to Fb and return "fb<Fb OK".

This is extremely simple in excel, but seems difficult in Mathcad Prime 2.0. I'm sure there's a simple way to do it, but I can't find the soloution.

Any help from a pro would be greatly appreciated.

Mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

See answer to your previous question. I gave a Mathcad 11..15 answer, but Prime has an if function and you use an 'if'-else' block instead of an 'if-otherwise' block if you want to program it. I know it's a personal thing, but I prefer my text to yours ... it has a greater sense of urgency or relief of tension in the dramatic narrative - I mean who's going to read a story that has "fb<Fb OK" when you could have "Oops, I think fb is greater than Fb, Peop... KABOOOM!!! "?

Stuart

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

See answer to your previous question. I gave a Mathcad 11..15 answer, but Prime has an if function and you use an 'if'-else' block instead of an 'if-otherwise' block if you want to program it. I know it's a personal thing, but I prefer my text to yours ... it has a greater sense of urgency or relief of tension in the dramatic narrative - I mean who's going to read a story that has "fb<Fb OK" when you could have "Oops, I think fb is greater than Fb, Peop... KABOOOM!!! "?

Stuart

Top Tags